Tuesday, November 15, 2011


Before and After shots of our rejuvenated "free" deck sofa...

...of course what you can't see is that I pulled out a bazillion rusty staples and replaced the seat webbing and that I sanded and refinished the wood. Also, while the shape is really, really cute, it was a bit of a bugger to sew removable slip covers for. I cut up an old foam mattress for the base and the cushions are also recycled, so it's cleared up random junk as well as made a useful piece of furniture. Now on to the chair...and finishing the deck so I can do a really impressive before and after of that!



So far the cats haven't claimed it as their own but they're lurking.


  1. That looks fantastic! Well done. Looking forward to siting on it and having a tea and a chat!

  2. I am so impressed! And obviously so far behind in my google reader it's sad.

    Happy New Year to you!!