Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Quite the Artist

Astrid LOVES to create "art". She is always busy drawing, painting, gluing and cutting and her volume of output at both school and home is astounding.

I have to admit that her "art" has up till now had a vaguely alarming skeletal horror type look to it that makes you a little uneasy and requires some tact in appraising.

"Look mamma, it's a bunny"
"Arrrrrrg...I mean, that's really lovely sweetpea. I didn't know that rabbits had such long claws, fangs and...so many...um...teats?"
"That's fur mamma"
"Oh. Well she certainly has a lovely smile" (I hope I never meet her in a dark alley though).

"The princess is riding on a unicorn"




"Well now, isn't she beautiful? I don't think I've ever seen a princess quite like her. Such lovely hair" (Doesn't look in the least bit creepy or like an Apocalyptic Horseman).

1 comment: